Approach to Psychotherapy
Your feelings are actually your greatest teachers. Instead of pushing them away, you can listen to what they are trying to say. My approach to psychotherapy can best be described as wanting to understand the world through your words.
Nowadays, going to therapy is widely embraced as a tool for personal growth and emotional development. Being able to speak freely and explore what's on your mind in a confidential setting can be an extremely liberating experience, and can lead to a more fulfilling life.
Who should go to therapy? Basically, therapy is for anyone who feels a lot of uncertainty about themselves....and doesn't want to experience it alone. What you may talk about in therapy can include:
- Your desire for greater connection and intimacy
- Your anxiety & discomfort around other people
- Your relationship to your family and the way cultural expectations affect your priorities in life.
- Your inner critic and self-sabotaging behavior
- Your relationship to work and money
- Your disappointments and resentments.
- Your definition of a meaningful life
Together, we will explore the hidden thoughts, beliefs, dreams, relationship patterns and social/cultural contexts that influence your everyday experience. Among other things, you may find that the way you coped with problems in the past is no longer serving you now, and that a change is necessary. You can uncover what it means in your life to make such a change- in other words, what is at stake?
Issues I work with
Loneliness and social anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, excessive worrying, over-thinking, procrastination, creative blocks, lack of clarity with your career and professional direction, sadness, grief, existential pain, unspoken suffering, romantic and intimate problems for both individuals and couples, exploring gender and sexual identity, & cultural and class identity.
The duration of therapy can be brief or long term- it's up to you.
- My current fee is $150/session at a minimum once per week frequency.
- I am part of the San Francisco Health Plan (Medi-Cal) providers network.
- I can provide a record or "superbill" for reimbursement for out-of-network insurance programs.