Approach to Psychotherapy
Nowadays, going to therapy has become widely embraced as a tool for inner growth and emotional development. Being able to speak freely and explore what's on your mind in a confidential setting can be an extremely liberating experience, and can lead to a more fulfilling life.
Who should go to therapy? Basically, therapy is for anyone who feels a lot of uncertainty about themselves....and doesn't want to experience it alone. What you may talk about in therapy can include:
- Your desire for greater connection and intimacy
- Your anxiety & discomfort around other people
- Your relationship to your family and the way cultural expectations affect your priorities in life.
- Your judgments and inner critic
- Your relationship to work and money
- Your past grudges & disappointments
- Your definition of a meaningful life
Together, we will explore the hidden thoughts, beliefs, dreams, relationship patterns and social/cultural contexts that influence your everyday experience. Among other things, you may find that the way you coped with problems in the past is no longer serving you now, and that a change is necessary. You can uncover what it means in your life to make such a change- in other words, what is at stake?
Issues I work with
Loneliness and social anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, excessive worrying, over-thinking, procrastination, creative blocks, lack of clarity with your career and professional direction, sadness, grief, existential pain, unspoken suffering, romantic and intimate problems for both individuals and couples, exploring gender and sexual identity, & cultural and class identity.
The duration of therapy can be brief or long term- it's up to you.
- My current fee is $150/session at a minimum once per week frequency.
- No insurance taken but can provide a record for reimbursement.